SR10 Management System of Waste Italia Group S.p.A.
Since 2013, the then Kinexia Spa (now renamed Gruppo Waste Italia) has decided to implement a suitable management system for social responsibility, designed and documented as required by the Standard SR 10: Management Systems for Social Responsibility applicable to all activities, with the main objective to have a part in the national sustainable development and more specifically in the territories where the company directly operates.
The Standard SR 10 determines the requirements to be certified by Management Systems for Social Responsibility to facilitate the company to meet stakeholders’ expectations by acting ethically and transparently. Since the requirements have been established on the basis of the PDCA Plan-DO-Check-Act, they can be integrated to the management systems ISO9001 and ISO14001. The Group was the first listed Italian company to achieve in 2014 the certification SR10: the excellence of our Corporate Social Responsibility programmes have been certified by Certiquality (belonging to IQNET network), after verifying the conformity of corporate procedures to the requirements of SR10 standards and assessing the effective implementation of a management system that ensures the maximum transparency and attention to the relationship with the stakeholders (financial community, employees, shareholders, local communities, suppliers and local associations).
Waste Italia Group’s social responsibility described in eight points
- Consider the expectations of local communities, financial community, shareholders, employees, local communities, service and goods providers, local environmental associations and media with regards to the following issues: the increase in local employment, a growing economic activity, investments and incomes and possible environmental impacts connected to the opening or the expansion of an existing plant carried out by subsidiary companies operating in waste and energy management;
- Pursue the improvement of environmental quality and of worker health and safety through the adoption of innovative instruments, production and business processes;
- Improve the risk-management process through the adoption of an adequate Organization Model required under Legislative Decree No. 231/01 about the administrative responsibility of the Society;
- Support employees’ involvement and productivity;
- Valorize the skills of the employees when operating corporate restructuring and re-organization;
- Manage the risk of loss of employment or terminations for suppliers/clients contracts in case of sale of subsidiary companies or part of the company or again during the closure of the activity in order to valorize the potential rise in incomes;
- Operate a business diversification strategy taking into consideration the possible organizational changes, the increase in indebtedness and the potential change in the financial situation;
- Increase in available economic resources, financial stability and corporate governance complexity in accordance with the possible organizational changes and the risk for our own shareholders of a loss of patrimony;
- Considerate the reputational risk and a possible higher remuneration for the shareholders’ financial operation.